Monday, February 25, 2008

This post is specially for my special friend and angel, AMY, whom I got to know recently and is in palliative care. She has such a big heart and is such an angel that sometimes I feel so inadequate compared to her.

What I am sharing here is a sms from her :

Dear Ade, thank u so much for standing by me. You have taught me to be resilient in trauma. I am bouncing back. Dare to forgive and foregoing hurts and revenge will only make us stronger. I will focus on the simple and plain values of life and grow in patience to overcome many life challenges. Happiness is after all the by produce of giving ourselves to others for good in love. In struggles I discovered true happiness from you and Margaret and many around me. Like to leave you with this thought - the only thing you keep in this world are the things you give away. This thought shows us that each day we see opportunity to enrich the lives of others, better our communities and brighten another person's day. You did that for me and I am smiling again.

Amy, you are really beautiful within and without. You will understand what I mean if you are reading this. Thanks for enriching my life.

No comments: