Thursday, May 29, 2008

My brother was featured in yesterday's Business Times' Banking and Finance 2008 supplement. He was mentioned in today's Straits Times (fewer expats expected to fill top posts in 5 years). Ma was mighty proud when I told her this morning. If only Pa was still around, he would probably be walking around with a swagger. Somehow it seems like it was just yesterday when I was running around in Tuas with both brothers, being the only girl, I joined them in all their boyish games, climbing trees, catching spiders, fishing and playing around in the rivers when Ma would be out working, even though she specifically told us not to go near the rivers and swamps. She was right about not playing in the rivers as Ti was almost drown. I remembered Qiang throwing stones at a bee hive and Ti got stung real bad as he was too young to run. Plus the termites infested attap house collapsing on us one early thunderstorm morning. Ma had to pull me out of bed, but she couldn't get to the two boys in time, and they had the sense to duck under the bed for cover.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your bro's house is in a very nice neighbourhood and a very nice house too.

Most of my customers are those with little education but make it big and so there are many good quotes from them. Here is one.

If you think your house is nice enough, just drive on some nice neighbourhood and you will realise you need to go back home and work even harder.

Applies too when you need some motivation in life.

Anonymous said...

I like our house though.

Adeline Ng said...

I like our house too!