Tuesday, April 1, 2008

So the interview with Lianhe Wanbao was published in last evening Lianhe Wanbao. It was a well written article. The "Han" (Jer's chinese name) which i wrote a couple of weeks ago is really nice. I have written Liz's and Min's names too but they are not so well written, and no girls, it is not because I am biased, or I spoiled Jer. It is just that Han is easier to write than Qi or Min. I wrote Qi and Min first and Han last and Han was back from backing when the the photographer came to Lao Shi's studio. To sidetrack, my face looked like a moon! Must be the angle which the photographer took the photo.
I love calligraphy, especially when the words flow out well. I love the really big stamp which Tiger did for me and Lao Shi did not allow me to use until I wrote Han. He said it is too big, in comparison to my writings.

I am into writing Confucius' analects now. Hope Lao Shi can get the book for me from The Confucius School.
I bought another big brush!! This is the 2nd big brush I bought in one month. I must have spent a fortune on brushes. I love big brushes and I always believe that for calligraphy to be well written, I need good brushes. Unfortunately I can't seem to find good ones in China and Lao Shi's brushes are so expensive.

No comments: