Sunday, June 1, 2008

Well, the calligraphy session yesterday at the Art Museum was a success but very tiring. I got one lady and one little girl interested in learning calligraphy. I was pretty impressed with a teenaged girl who asked me what she could write for her father's birthday. She diligently practised "Le tian chang shou" which I suggested and subsequently taught her how to write.
An American Chinese lady currently learning painting from Lao Shi was very impressed with big "wu" that I wrote and asked for it. She said she could almost feel the word dancing. She asked me to write another piece for her friend. I was so happy to know that she appreciated my writing.
Peter bounced the idca of starting a website to sell our calligraphy! I liked the idea alot and told him I would donate the sales proceeds to a charity.














Shang - which the director of the SAM told Lao Shi is very well written.









No comments: